Wedding Bells and Birks


I LOVE weddings. I have always thought that I would be an excellent wedding crasher and was delighted to find out that can be a true job after watching Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn make that into a reality in the movie Wedding Crashers. But unfortunately the gig wouldn’t work out for me because I wouldn’t be able to fulfill any made up story about who I was and how I was related to the bride; I would blow my cover. But think of all of the good food and fun dancing you could do EVERY weekend if you were a professional wedding crasher? #dreamjob

Last Saturday, I celebrated a dear friend of mine’s wedding. I have known Nicole for almost 14 years now and it was an honor to be a part of her day in watching her get married.

Nicole and I clicked and became friends right away on that first day that I had met her. She probably thought I was a crazy person when I bounced right up to her like a cheer leader on crack and anxiously introduced myself. I remember meeting her in the school’s cafeteria and she was eating cereal (I have the best long term memory, but my short term memory is a little questionable).


Her wedding was nothing short of perfection. Every little detail was thought out from the program to the center pieces. What an honor it was to watch her walk down the aisle and speak her vows to her new husband. The location was at the Wright House in Mesa, Arizona. Please do yourself a favor and check out the website that I have linked below! This venue is every bride’s dream and forecasts almost a fairytale like wedding in a secret garden.











It was a nice change of fashion and clothing for me coming from the rain and cooler weather in the PNW and going to the warmer temperatures of Arizona. This allowed me to wears shorts, flowy tops and dresses and even break out my Birkenstocks (you are true PNWer if you own a pair of Birks). I want to share with you guys what my sister and I both wore and linked where you can buy it or something similar to it.
I have been LIVING in this top since Seattle started to show some sort of sunshine. It comes in 2 different color and is $45

 I have been experimenting with florals as not only my tops, but as dresses and pants. These pants are PERFECT for cool summer nights! They have somewhat of a wrap around feeling and work perfectly as high waisted or on the hips. I can wear them high waisted being I have a short torso. I chose a black crop top, but a top that is tucked in looks great too! Pants are about $45 and the crop top was about $9. It is not available however I linked one similar in a tank top form

                      
I ADORE THIS DRESS!! I bought it last year for another wedding that I attended and was so excited for another opportunity to wear it! I linked dresses similar to it. I bought it at Nordstrom and the brand name is Aidan Mattox
                    
 Here is what my sister wore to the wedding
After one of our hikes, we shopped around Sedona. For Mother's Day we both opted for something airy and floral. Yes, I am wearing Birks with my dress! They were so comfortable after hiking! My dress is still available and runs about $54. My sisters top was from an incredible online boutique called shopimpressions.com. I have linked their site, the top is no longer available but they have BEAUTIFUL pieces at an affordable price


 Bralettes are PERFECT for hot weather! I also LOVE these shorts we are wearing because they are not too short, but not your "mom" shorts! I got my bralette and tank from Express and my sister got hers from Urban Outfitters. My shorts are from American Eagle and Tessa's are from Topshop. I have linked similar styles below



I hope you all enjoyed my first "fashion blog" post! Summer is coming, so you know what that means?! More shopping for summer clothes (shhhh don't tell Tony)

XOXOX
Tiff





Comments

Popular Posts