Date night? Or Happy Hour....

I think both titles up there marry together so well! You all know I am always up for brunch but once in a while Tony and I will change things up a bit and head out for a happy hour for a date. Before I go into where we went for our HH excursion, I would like to introduce you all to my parents.

Through all of the fond memories I had growing up with my parents for 18 years, one of my memories is when they would hire a sitter to watch all 7 of us kids and go on a date night.  I am extremely blessed to say that my parents have recently celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary. Every year for as long as I can remember, my dad would buy my mom roses counting for each year they have been married. Once they hit 50 years, my dad will probably fork over a pretty penny for that bouquet!


My parents had set perfect examples of how to make each other a priority and make time out for the two of them in the midst of raising 7 children. This set me up in my own marriage to make that time out with Tony amongst our busy lives and to date him (also a curse for him because I have the expectation to be treated like a Princess, just being honest).

My dad, Alan, is a wheat farmer by day and cattle herder by night (well, mostly day). He taught me while growing up amazing work ethic, to look people in the eyes while talking to them, to enunciate every word, to answer the phone politely, to look at the “bigger picture” in all life experiences, to love, and to stay calm (although I have to say, I get my feistiness from my mom). He loves to make memories, no matter where or what they are. He loves a good glass of wine. He loves to BBQ even in the middle of a snow storm. He plays the guitar and sings. He treats every relationship with ANYONE he meets a priority, even if it is only for a few minutes of interaction.

Wedding Pictures by Kayla J Photography

My mom, Chrissy, has the biggest heart that I have ever experienced. She has taught me persistency, how to be consistent and fair, she is THE master of multi-tasking so naturally I have picked that up from her, to laugh (even when your kids are terrified during a carnival ride, that’s an inside joke and memory that all of my immediate family members I’m sure appreciate), how to be an excellent interior designer on a budget, to pray during every situation, and to put her children first for THEIR benefit and love them through EVERYTHING we put her (mom, I cannot express to you how much we all appreciate your sacrifices, your love and I thank you). She loves TJ Maxx and Marshalls. She loves to play card games. She cries during EVERY movie. She is an extremely talented artist with paintings, drawings, sketches. She is a mentor.


I could go on and on about my parents and how much they have influenced not only me but every person that has and is in their lives. They have adopted all of us 7 children and have fostered 37 children. Bottom line is that these two are amazing individuals who have positively influenced the lives of many!



So date night…Tony and I use to live in Bellevue and as you all know, we LOVE LOVE Seattle! For this date night we chose to go to John Howie in Bellevue. We love happy hour just as much as brunch and this happy hour included beef wagyu truffle fries, cheese platter and beef bacon cheeseburger.


The drinks included their Manhattans, which, I’m not going to lie, felt it by two sips of drinking my first drink.


Date nights are important for Tony and I and it was a perfect way to end our weekend. So I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed that sunshine!






Here’s to the new week!
XOXXO

Tiff



Comments

Popular Posts