A Christmas Date


Busy. Shopping. Overeating and “letting myself go” on sweets. Friends. Family. Wine (lots o’ wine). Spending tons of money (I have this terrible habit of buying myself something every time I buy a Christmas gift, but hey, it is the holidays) This all has summed up the last 4 weeks that started on that infamous holiday that we like to call Thanksgiving and it continues until the day after New Year’s Eve. But through it all, we seem to find time to spend those valuable moments with those valuable people in our lives. One valuable person in particular is my husband Tony and we continued our Christmas tradition of non-gift giving to each other and ventured to our beloved city for an evening in Pike Place Market.



Before I tell you of this gorgeous restaurant that we had the privilege of experiencing, it has been a whirlwind of new beginnings and new routines with what has happened in our lives the past 5 months. Through the support, love and strong relationships that we have and have built during these past months, it is evident that although we will continue to live with the grief and pain, there is hope of having enjoyable moments here and there.

And here is one that I will tell you about for the sake of continuing my blog (it has been 5 months since I have written my last blog post and lately, I have been feeling compelled to continue to share my love of experiencing Seattle, sharing my favorite places to go and sharing those damn, good moments).





Tony and I have started a few years back to go on a holiday date instead of giving each other tangible gifts under the tree. (Although, Tony’s and my stockings seem to be full every year).

This year we chose to start our date at Cutter’s Crabhouse right next to the market for happy hour and filled our livers and sanity with the most DELICIOUS Basil Gimlet and Dark and Stormy drinks. I SERIOUSLY want to go back there for the food because how can you say NO to crab nachos?!




Later we braved the wind and rain and walked through the empty market to the most charming French restaurant that we have ever been to. Maximilien’s neon sign was one that I have walked by hundreds of times, but never really knew that it was pointing to the entrance of an incredible dining experience.



With the appetizer of baked goat cheese, my Witches Apple cocktail full of spice and bourbon, our main entrees that included meats of beef and duck so tender and flavorful, we left our meal with fond memories of this Maximilien restaurant.











So please join me next time I go when the weather warms up so that we can enjoy a cocktail on their patio! 


XOXOX
Tiff

Comments

Popular Posts