Red Cedar and Sage


I have decided to title this blog post with the name of the restaurant we went to for brunch last Sunday because it has such a good ring to it. Red Cedar and Sage.



Such a catchy name for a hidden away gem right in the heart of Pike Place Market. You all know my LOVE and my PASSION for Pike Place.

Let me introduce you to my Photographer

I seriously could spend every weekend there by visiting Scott (my flower guy! Read my blog post about him: Flowers are my favorite when they come from Scott), eating a Piroshky and Beecher's Mac and Cheese, buy tea at the Perennial Tea Room, explore the new market front that gives the best view of the Puget Sound and the Great Wheel of Seattle on Pier 57 and find a good wall or walk way that gives me flawless pictures for my blog.

Shorts from Express (My shorts are not available any more, but all of Express shorts are on sale!)
White Tank Top and Green Bralette from Tobi.com





Pike Place Market holds such a special place in my heart. For the last 14 years of living in different areas of the greater Seattle area, Pike Place Market has been consistent with its nostalgic atmosphere and brings me such joy and content. Not only is it a historic landmark of Seattle, but it is also an experience. I mean that by saying every time I go the experience shows the nature of Seattle and the passion and pride that Seattle is all about.



Brunch: a combination of breakfast and lunch eaten usually during the late morning to early afternoon, generally served from 11am up to 3pm. The word is a portmanteau of breakfast and lunch. Brunch originated in England in the late 19th century and became popular in the United States in the 1930s.




I always knew I needed to visit England especially now that I know that is where brunch originated from! Last Sunday we visited a spot that is visible from Western Ave however you really need to be intentional when looking for it. I have been wanting to visit this place for a long time now, so when Donovan, Tony and I had a free weekend to do so, I nearly jumped out of the car when we finally parked.


The entrance to the restaurant walks you right past the part of this beautiful space that gives it so much of its wonderful charm: the atrium.
Isn't it beautiful?!

The Atrium is PERFECT for the BEAUTIFUL weather that we had during this last weekend. Once you go to Red Cedar and Sage, make sure you get a seat in the Atrium. All of the staff are WONDERFUL and friendly which makes it even more charming and welcoming.

Of course I enjoyed my cocktail deemed the Rosemary Mimosa while Donovan sipped on his cocktail of apple juice.

I ordered the Market Breakfast Sandwich

The food was perfect and perfect portions, the décor was perfect, again that staff was perfect, and the experience was perfect, perfect, perfect. Bottom line, GO TO THIS PLACE! They do service lunch and dinner and they also provide a good happy hour based on the other reviews I have read.




Tony took this from up above on stairs that leads right into the market



This weekend will take us to the hot state of Arizona where there will be many good places to eat, pools to swim in and opportunities to darken our tans! I cannot wait to tell you all about it, so stay tuned!
XOXOXO
Tiff

Comments

Popular Posts